Exposed-aggregate Concrete Finish in Vancouver BC
An exposed-aggregate surface is obtained by placing concrete and then removing the outer ‘skin’ of cement paste to uncover decorative coarse aggregate (either batched into the concrete mix or seeded onto the surface).
Because of its durability and skid resistance, an exposed aggregate finish is ideal for most flatwork including:
• Pool decks
An exposed-aggregate finish is also possible on concrete walls or tilt-up panels.
Vertical applications include:
• Decorative retaining walls
• Architectural building facades
• Sound barrier walls
ADVANTAGES OF EXPOSED AGGREGATE CONCRETE:
- You can achieve some highly decorative effects at a reasonable cost since very few additional materials are needed.
- The surface is strong, skid-resistant, wears very well, and handles all kinds of extreme weather.
- Many types of aggregates are avail- able, large and small, colored, round, plus many many more.
- Blends well with other decorative con- crete.
- Requires very little maintenance other than occasional cleaning with water and re-sealing every few years.
✭ Concrete Walls
✭ Retaining Walls
✭ Steps and Stairs
✭ Pool Decks